Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love

This post is one week too late, but nonetheless I am including it here. 



I had a great time with friends-Casey, Dino, Rea, and my brother-Chester last Saturday.  This movie date scheduled months in advance because we got excited about the book. Casey, Rea and I have read it and was really excited to see the movie. We all wondered how the characters looked like or if they looked liked how we imagined them while reading the book. :)

Best part about the movie:
-I love Italy(same as with the book)! I love the food! That part really made me hungry.  I love the place! I love their language. It reminded of the time I really wanted to study Italian too! :D
-I like Richard's character very much, though he didn't look the same as I had imagined him while reading the book.  I love his sarcasm and his wisdom too.  It is sad to know that he died already because of his heart ailment. (Read more about it at Elizabeth Gilbert's Update on EPL at her website).
-I love Ketut and his toothless smile. He just seems happy and peaceful all the time.
-I love Tutti! Just cause I love cute, little, smart girls. 

What I don't like:
-They kinda changed the ending, it felt like they didn't know how to finish the movie or that they wanted more drama so they changed it. Sad.
-Some parts of the book I thought would be in the movie is missing
 Best quote from the movie:
 “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.”

Quote for Dino from the movie: 
SEND HER SOME LOVE AND LIGHT EVERY TIME YOU THINK ABOUT HER, AND THEN DROP IT!

Well, in general it was a good movie. I am just really glad to have spent time with great friends. Till our next movie date. :)

P.S.
Thanks to Dino for the Dairy Queen Ice Cream Sandwich and to Casey for catching up, coming from a shoot in QC!. :)


No comments: